Cheap on OBDLink SX 2.0 OBD-II Scan Tool by ScanTool Red.
- Save time and money by reading and clearing 'Check Engine' and trouble codes yourself, and know the problem before consulting a mechanic.
- Don't settle for the useless, 5 year old 'demo' software you get with chinese rip-offs - SX comes with the latest OBDwiz software suite (a $30 value) for your laptop, netbook or PC.
- Get new features - OBDLink SX features upgradable firmware, and get free OBDWiz updates for life!
- Easy for anyone to use. Plus a 3 year warranty, 90-Day money back, and tech support provided by the manufacturer
- Plug-and-play - works out of the box with any 1996 and later vehicles: Acura Alfa Romeo Ariel Atom Aston Martin Audi Bentley BMW Buick Cadillac Chevrolet Chrysler Citroen Daewoo Daihatsu Daimler Dodge Ferrari Fiat Ford Geo GMC Holden Honda Hummer Hyundai Infiniti Isuzu Jaguar Jeep Kia Lamborghini Lancia Land Rover Lexus Lincoln Lotus Maserati Mazda McLaren Mercedes Mercury MG Mini Mitsubishi Nissan Oldsmobile Opel Pagani Panoz Peugeot Plymouth Pontiac Porsche Regal Renault Rolls-Royce Roush Rover Saab Saleen Saturn Seat Scion Shelby Skoda Smart Subaru Suzuki Tesla Toyota Triumph TVR Vauxhall Volkswagen Volvo Yugo.
OBDLink SX is our basic plug-and-play scan tool designed for the budget-minded do-it-yourself mechanic. Powerful hardware, and advanced, upgradeable firmware make OBDLink SX the successor to our popular ElmScan 5 scan tool.
OBDLink SX is a breeze to install and configure. It is fully OBD-II compliant, and connects with more cars that any scan tool on the market.
The OBDwiz diagnostics software included with the scan tool allows you to:
* Turn off check engine light, and erase stored diagnostic information
* Read and erase trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer-specific, over 7000 codes in database)
* Useful links to online database that provides trouble code descriptions and causes.
* Freeze frame takes a snapshot of your system the moment a trouble code is triggered.
* Display, graph, and log 90+ real-time parameters - life-like onscreen gauges to see more than what the manufacturer provides.
* Don't like the gauge layout? Create your own custom screens!
* Measure and display fuel economy - instant feedback teaches drivers fuel economy skills.
* And much more!
* OBDLink SX unit
* Quick Start Guide
* Installation CD (device drivers, user documentation, OBDwiz diagnostic software)
Buy with confidence. If you are not happy with our product or service, we don't want your money! This product comes with a 90 day money back guarantee, and a 3 year "repair or replace" warranty.
Average Customer Review
36 of 36 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: OBDLink SX 2.0 OBD-II Scan Tool by ScanTool RedAfter purchasing this tool, I compared it to my standard ODB II hand held scanner with much success. Not only does it have all of the funtions of the moderately to expensive hand held scanners found in most auto parts stores, it also allows for live date collection at a fraction of the price. Having a laptop or equivelant is neccessary when using the SX SCAN Tool, allowing for data collection and storage. I was able to view live parameters and see real time changes other scanners can't see.
14 of 14 people found the following review helpful
Differences between this and a handheld.,
This review is from: OBDLink SX 2.0 OBD-II Scan Tool by ScanTool RedFor any scan tool, there are 2 things:
1) The connector that fits into the OBD port on your car.
2) The interface that reads and reports the codes coming from your vehicle.
For this item, a PC is required for #2. That's exactly what I wanted. I didn't want a little hand held unit that I had to scroll line by line to see all the codes and then possibly have to go look up code values to see what it was telling me.
The software that comes with the unit has lots of features, but is still a bit basic. However, for anyone that's just looking to reset trouble codes, etc, it's just fine.
The big benefit of this unit is data logging. You can set whatever parameters you want and then set the software to log it while you're driving. You would spend WAY more for a handheld unit that did data logging.
If you want more analysis tools, then you can buy better software that will use the unit to collect data.
I had no problems... Read more
9 of 9 people found the following review helpful
Well worth the money,
This review is from: OBDLink SX 2.0 OBD-II Scan Tool by ScanTool RedFor the price of a basic code reader you get an excellent scan tool with many features. You can also upgrade to the professional version on the manufacturers website for an additional fee.